Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hop on the bus, Gus.

So, we aren't dead in case you were worried. Today has just been a long day and there has not been any time for blog maintainance.
This morning, Dusty and I got the heck out of Dublin. It was about a two hour ride into Kilkenny and as the bus drove on dusty and I got some amazing views of the south eastern Irish countryside. We were ecstatic to see our surroundings change, since we were not really digging the big city.

Once we got into kilkenny, we dropped our bags off at the train station and hit the town. Kilkenny is very much a shopping district but it is not as posh as Dublin. The coolest thing about the town has to be the giant castle right in the center of town. Can you guess the name? That's right! Kilkenny Castle! Dusty and I toured the grounds, which were incredible, and we even explored the graveyard.
Speaking of which, I am currently updating from my bunk bed at Foulksrath castle! Dusty and I are occupying two of the ten beds in the room, no one else is here... At least, no one else is staying in our room. The castle is way out in the country so the bus that dropped us off had to drop us quite a way out. We walked about a quater of a mile to the castle, past cows grazing and great green fields, and checked in with no problems. It's very self serve here so it was up to us to explore on our own. So far, so good. I'm hanging tough but I swear, first weird occurance and I'm so out of here.
Tomorrow, we catch a bus for Cork. Cork is supposed to be much like Dublin so we'll see how we like it. I'm just excited to stay in a hostel without spider webs hanging from every corner, especially when all the prime real estate seems to be right over my bed. Stupid bugs.

P.s. Mom Ross... Your praying for good weather is working! We've had incredible weather everywhere we've gone so far. Today it was seventy five!

3 comments:

Sheri Ross said...

PRAISE THE LORD, SING GLORY, GLORY, GLORY... Yeah for great weather! Wow...you guys are doing great, I love to learn that you're getting to DO and SEE all these neat things. ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES!!!! My chicken pot pie has been awesome...how is the food over there? I'll keep praying for unseasonably hot weather for you, and for your suvival tonight. SPOOKY! Watch out Dusty, you might find yourself left behind...but if you RUN first, grab Samantha or she'll never forgive you. Love Mom Ross

Anonymous said...

Yeah you guys better be taking lots of pictures. I want to see these "great green fields".

Anonymous said...

I am traveling vicariously through you guys. Each day I can't wait to read what you have been doing. Keep having lots of fun. Grandma Judy