Friday, September 14, 2007

The day of 7 busses

OK, although it's almost midnight here, I realize how important it is that I update so you all don't think we are lying in a ditch somewhere dead since it's been 2 whole days since we have written. I know! So unlike us you say.

We are currently in northern Ireland staying in a town called Portstewart. It's a somewhat small, quiet beach town with a fantastic view of the sea. The only downfall is that all the currency is in pounds, and the conversion rate to the dollar is 2:1 so things are getting abit spendy fast. But on the same token this town has also been a Godsend. When we got here yesterday we had no working internet on my phone and we were unable to find a map of the town. Unable to contact a hostel, we figured we would find a bed & breakfast and stay one night and move on. After guessing which bus stop to get off at, we headed into the unknown looking for the B&B's we had passed along the way. We decided on one to head to first. When we arrived (carrying our packs and all) we asked about an avaliable room and the price. The guy told us he had a room and the price was 55 pounds a night (110 dollars). After telling him that was a little high for us, Samantha asked if he knew of any hostles around the area. He pointed down the street 2 houses down and said "that's one right there,the only one in town." Samantha and I both sighed with relief. When we walked in we rang for the hostle keeper, a tall man walked out from a back room and introduced himself and "you must be Dusty and Samantha?" Both of us shocked, we said yes and asked how he knew our names. He told us that the hostle I had tried to book in Portrush was a sister hostle of his and they had passed on my request to him, and he had booked us and was just awaiting our arrival.

This irony continues for the whole time we have been here. We visited Giants Causeway, and Carrick-a-reed rope bridge and every place God has shown us that he is our best travel companion. I wish I had enough energy to share it all tonight, but sadly I'm just praying this makes sense! =)

We are leaving in the morning for Dublin. I think we are going to try the train, but we'll see.

Praise our Lord for He is amazing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats cool.

Sheri Ross said...

I second Alex...THAT'S COOL!
Amen...