Saturday, September 8, 2007

Goodness gracious, great blogs of fire!

Yesterday, yesterday, yesterday.

Yesterday was a huge travel day. After waking up at about 8 and getting ready to get our booties out of that crazy castle, we found out the next bus to Kilkenny didn't come until 11:50! We entertained ourselves in the dining room by playing video games (dusty) and reading dirty UK celebrity gossip magazines (samantha). Then around 11, we wandered down the gravel path again to the bus stop where we played Ball Bearing Soccer- which is basically a game that consists of trying to kick a ball bearing through two goal posts made of straw that blow away when any large truck drives by.

When we finally arrived in Kilkenny, about about 12:30, we found out the next bus to Cork didn't come until 2:30. So we got something to eat and kicked around town for awhile. However, it's hard to "kick around town" when you're carrying a huge and heavy backpack.

The bus ride to Cork wasn't so bad but I swear, every bus ride you take in Ireland is down crazy small winding roads and when you get into the tiny towns the bus driver has to stop and go and stop and go.... most bus rides make me car sick. (Speaking of which, on our bus ride from Dublin to Kilkenny, some lady across the way from me started puking in her bag! It was so gross and thankfully, our stop was about ten minutes away. I was getting nautious. I know Cindra would have loved to be with me right then... hahaha).

The bus ride to Cork was about two hours because we arrived in Cork at 5:30. Finding our hostel was a breeze. We're staying at Bru Bar and Hostel... by the time we arrived, lots of people were congragating at the bar for the big football game last night. We checked in, cleaned up and went out to find something for dinner. The town of Cork is beautiful and much less crowded than Dublin, which is really nice. It's very progressive and very fashionista... sometimes you can fool youself that you're really in Santa Monica.

Today, Dusty and I are off to the Blarney Castle and to kiss the Blarney stone! We're also going to go see the English Market and eat some pig feet! Haha. Just kidding... I think.

Until next time. ;) <3>

3 comments:

Sheri Ross said...

Samantha and Dusty, I'm so proud of your adventurous spirit. Wish I was there. It's also good to know that you're not wasting precious time by playing silly games along the roadsides...ha, but seriously, taking down time in stride is good..you have the right attitudes. ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES! Even of goofing off with ball bearings!!! Love you guys. Mom Ross

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! It sounds like you are having a blast! I am so jealous of your trip, hopefully I will get my turn to explore here soon! Have safe travels and I look forward to reading the rest of your crazy times.

Safe travels!
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog you have here but I was wondering if you kneω
of any meѕsаge boards thаt cοver the sаme topісs discussed here?
I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get opinions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Feel free to surf to my blog post ... national debt relief review