Sunday, September 16, 2007

Free Roamer

Sleeping in an airport is not comfortable! I have all together given up. Not to mention staying up now will help me get back to a normal Oregon schedule, or atleast that's what I'm telling myself.

Our trip is wrapping up, and trust me being home, in my own bed, with my own car, is going to be amazing! But as I sit here watching Sam attempt to sleep comfortably on 3 hard chairs and a scarf, listening to Elton John's 'The One'. My mind can't help but think about all the funny, ironic, and small things we have experienced and have overcome, that will change our lives in ways we will never imagine. It's another stepping stone we have successfully crossed in life, with the love, care, and full support of all the people in our lives that love and care about us.

The world has just gotten a little smaller, everything we aspire for seems to be in grasp, and if even just for a split second; we feel we own the world, and it feels amazing! Although, sadly I know it will be short lived, no matter how much we fight. For home brings all the great things we are familiar with, but it also brings back the responsibilitys of life. Bills, roomates, school, work... These and all the other stresses of life we are all too familiar with. But out of everything I have learned this trip, the biggest challenge I extended to you all is to put away your calendars, take off your watch, and enjoy a day on your own timeline every now and then. The world won't end, life will wait. It's amazing how everything comes into perspective when you let life's fears stop controlling you and you start mastering your own life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um.. are you saying that i'm a stress and a responsibility because i'm a roommate?! thanks a lot Dusty. ;)

Have a safe flight.. make sure you or sam texts me when you're back in Oregon.. so i know you guys made it safely.

Love you both <3
Cindra